Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Mary Kay Look - Influenster & Mary Kay VoxBox

I received my voxbox today and I'm pretty darn excited about it!!


 In the past I haven't been the biggest fan of Mary Kay's products but somewhere in the last 10 years they've changed quite a bit, so I'm pretty excited to try these out that I received.

I am apart of Influenster and received a VoxBox - which is a box of products to try and review.





I received:
- Mary Kay Lash Primer - Dramatic definition.  Fuller-looking lashes.
- Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening Mascara - Long, Strong, Seriously separated lashes.
- Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Violet Storm - Soft, creamy, long-wearing formula
- Mary Kay Cream Eye Color/Concealer Brush - The perfect brush for applying any cream product
- Mary Kay True Dimensions Lip Stick in Pink Cherie - Instensely moisturizing.  Exquisitely smoothing.

So, I've went ahead and just tested these products out to give a short review.  I LOVE the last primer.  I've been looking for a good one and I think I have finally found it.

I'm okay with the Mascara.  It's black and I do like that.  I am NOT fond of the brush that came with it.  It's not the fat brushes I like and I just don't care for it.  I may try and swap out a big brush from an old mascara tube I have to see if that helps.

I'm not a big fan of cream eyeshadows or purple eyeshadows.  They make me look bruised.  I'm not sure if it's my skintone or what.  I will probably end up giving this to my friend who loves the colors.  I'm pretty bland with my eyeshadows - sometimes I'll do a pop of green but that's about as crazy as I'll get...lol.  I stick to nudes and browns.  And I'm partial to my Urban Decay Naked Palette 1.  The quality of the cream eyeshadow from Mary Kay does feel nice, I just won't wear it.

The concealer brush will definitely get used.  And feels so soft.  I love cosmetic brushes and can never have enough.  I seem to lose mine fairly easy so a back up is always handy.

Now the lipstick - I LOVE the Pink Cherie color.  It fits me PERFECTLY.  It goes on smooth, feels smooth.  We'll see how the lasting power will be tomorrow when I attempt to wear it all day.  Maybe with a bit of lip primer underneath it I can get it to last long.  But I am in love with this perfect pink!!

Well, there's the full contents of the box.  We'll see exactly how long all these products (except the eyeshadow) last tomorrow for a full day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment